• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

K&N Air Filters.

Jarheadappel

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi, just recently bought a 1981 CB750 Custom, and the previous owner through some lawnmower air filters? maybe that's what they look like. So I'm wanting to pitch those and get some new air filters. I was wondering if anyone tried to use the K&N RU-2852? http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=RU-2852 I did a quick measurement this morning to try and find the center between two of the carbs. Just wanting a second opinion before ordering and have to go through the hassle of sending them back.
RU-2852.jpg

Last edited:
99% of the people buying those get 4 individual pieces rather than paired up ones. The CV carbs usually present tuning issues using them as well, those engines really love that OEM airbox.

Yeah, that's why I was wondering, cause I haven't seen it before, also the 2 pod is about $78 where as the 4 pod is about $100 when you go with name brand filters.

APE Performance used to make an excellent copy of the singles (thinking K&N themselves made them for APE) and priced like 40% off what K&N wanted. Been awhile since I looked into them though. I had bought a set at $30 once when the official K&Ns were over $100. That name is ridiculously overpriced. When they first came out you could buy a set of four for $35-$40 but once the name got out there they tripled the price and more.

Last edited:
Decided to order the K&N RU-2852 (http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?prod=RU-2852) from auto zone there like $78.99 for the set. They seem to fit good, little tricky to get on all the way and tighten up. defiantly improved air flow from the ones that are on there so now i need to fine adjust the carbs, running it with the choke on a bit to get it to run smooth. Look real good on it to, I'll post a picture later. Thank you amc49 for your help and opinions.

Back