• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

80 cb750 high rpm bogg down!

80cafe750

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Starts and idles beautifully. I just removed the air box and installed pod filters and also removed the lines from the oil tank and the opposite sit and put breather filters ok them. Between 4 and 6k the bike boggs down I am in the process of running sea foam through the whole system to clean it out

Seafoam=garbage. The mark of those who do not know how to work on stuff.

No insult intended of course.

Sorry, I had to get that out. I know I stepped on toes but it is what it is. I used to scam people about that product (and plenty of others) all day long when I was in parts and thanks for the incentives I got paid. Now that's done and I can pay you back. Save your money..........

Pods usually lead to running like this.................the slides drop like a rock with them and then you get no power and no rev. Sound familiar? The OEM airbox makes the slides lift more.

If you haven't run the valves anytime lately then do so, you may get some of that back. The valves close up to not rev for spit when engine gets time on it. Go for no less than .005" clearance, yeah, that's looser than the Honda spec of .003". Just do what I told you................there are rock solid reasons for it.

FYI, there is NO oil tank on later DOHCs, assuming you're talking about the pollution catchcan.

Regarding Seafoam Everyone has there own opinion, I,ve used seafoam and I am a total believer in the stuff just My 2cents worth. And I do all My own repairs on everything I own for the last 50 odd years.

So have I as well but I have never had the need to use additives in anything EVER. Simply too easy to keep cars or bikes running perfectly without any of that. The fuel and oil have plenty enough additives in them already. I do my own alignments and ATX work as well on the cars, I have never paid for a car or motorcycle repair in my entire life and the majority of that time keeping at least 4 vehicles running 100% of the time. I as well often fix things much cheaper than the conventional wisdom says has to be paid, I don't accept that at all in most cases. Just buying the new part to replace old one is often not what I do, often fixing the broken one instead. Just fixed a $200 alternator for maybe $5 in soldering work and I do stuff like that all the time. It now works fine. Before that it was a $50 EGR pressure sensor, fixed for maybe $5 there as well. Works fine now. The only thing I don't do myself is tire/wheel changes (I can, just don't) and I don't let them have the car even doing that as they tend to even botch that up. I walked away from a free family high-perf garage business mainly because I did not like how most people were always trying to rip you off after you worked hard on their cars. We were directly across the street from the area GM dealership and took LOTS of their customers away when they could not fix cars right. We also built their drag race engines when their mechs could not keep them from blowing up. I do everything to my house as well, I simply do not pay others to do literally ANYTHING as most that have done those things for years simply do not do it as well as I can apparently the first time with no experience. It is what it is and a sad commentary on the way things are in the world today.

Look up the MSDS on seafoam to see what's in it. No magic, simple petroleum distillate there.

To 80cafe.............there is no mechanism there to 'adjust' that at all, you MUST change the shims there. Unless you do like I do and grind tappet bottoms or valve tips to suit needs there. Again, I often don't follow the 'rules' everybody says you have to do there either. I've ground valve ends on a simple bench grinder and over 100K miles later they are stilling running fine. You just have to have some sense about how you go about it.

So with pods if you take electrical tape and wrap 75% of each filter the bike runs beautifully! Now my stator is bad so that's gotta get replaced as well

Back