• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Only running on 2 outside cylinders.

Cprisco13

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
alrighty, so I just changed the ignition switch. I used an ignition switch that is for a later 72 cb750 because apparently they don't make the one for mine any more. I cut the wires and installed everything the way the mechanic told me. Everything worked fine. Rode all day with no problems with. Later that night I went on a highway ride and while exiting I completely lost power. I realized that I had blown a fuse. I replaced the fuse and power came back! Only thing now is that it is running on 2 cylinders or whatever. I check the headers and only the two on the outsides are hot. The two middle ones are cold. Anyone know what I should do next? Everything worked fine until that fuse blew. (The fuse was literally cracked in half).

Waste spark type ignition system. The plug pairs form a circuit, often something affecting one then makes the pair mess up. 1-4 and 2-3 are the pairs there.

Did you know that with that type one of the plugs fires BACKWARDS? Or, from the outside wire electrode to the center one and backwards from what most think. Why double plat plugs were invented...................

Back