• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Early 72 ignition switch! WHERE ARE YOU!!!!

Cprisco13

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright so my ignition switch went bad on me. When i turn the key on it gets no power, I have to hold it inbetween on and off. Which obviously doesnt work while riding. So I'm looking for a new one online and everywhere they have the ones with the white square plug. Of course mine has the rare round red plug. And nobody has them!!!! Does anyone know where to get one? Or if there is any way to maybe change the plug to the square one? Please help, I cant ride anywhere!!!!!!

Ya tommy thats it. The only thing is everyone is sold out or wants too much. I just purchased the square one for $24 and cut the wires nd made new connectors. It worked all day but one apparently got loose and i lost all power

I assume you fixed the loose connection and don't need one now. If you do, there's a chance I have one from a '71... but I have a potential buyer coming midweek to buy all my 750 stuff, so I won't know until after that if it's available or not.

Easiest, quickest, and cheapest seems to be fix what you already bought.

$24.95 at VintageCB750.com. Look under electrical, then go to switches. Fits 1969-early 1972. Even comes with two keys! They also sell an ignition switch nut tool if you need it, keeps you from scarring the nut with pliers.

Last edited:
Back