• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Any one used a CycleX CX7 Cam ( MegaCycle 125-75 )

cb970

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey guys
I have searched the forum and googled but cant find any thing .

has anyone used the Cyclex CX7 cam ?? ( copy of MegaCycle 125-75 Cam )

I've got a F2 super sport and am giving a rebuild / performance up grade .
CycleX 970 big bore kit , cyclex rods , tensioners ported head etc .
I have been told the CycleX Cx7 cam is the go for track use and road use .
It looks good on the spec sheet but has bugger all over lap and the bike i listened to sounds mild , factory sounding idle and revs instantly . Not exactly a race cam . I was wondering if i should
Go to something a bit more aggressive.

Can you describe what your Cx7 is like to ride ?? Where does the power come in ?? What power did your bike make ?

Is it suitable for hill climbs , track days , circuit racing and the odd ride through the hills on sunday.
If not what would you recommend.
I dont mind if it is a struggle down low , its not a commuter , its a toy for lookin hot and goin like a kicked cat .

Thanks guys

I use it in my 970. It is a mild idle but the issue you will run into is you cant run a large overlap cam in the f2 head without having the valves sunk. The f2 runs into issues with valve to valve contact with large overlap cams. you cant run much more overlap than this cam. this cam makes a lot of power in the 970 and has a long flat power curve. the cam has less duration but has a lot of lift and lends itself well to the f2 head.

Awesome !! That's the info i was looking for . Thanks for the reply , i was hoping to contact you for an answer to this question. I have been reading your posts on your 970 build .

What power did it make ??
What sort of rev range has it got ??
Do you think its grunty enough to hit the track and do some hillclimbs / sprints ???
Now that you've run yours for a while , what are you overall thoughts ??
Would you change anything ??

Thanks for your input

Russ

Glad someone is using my build info for helping on there own build. Not sure of the power, hasn't been on a dyno. Everybody thinks horsepower is king but torque is what gets you down the track. Torque is made from high pressure in the cylinders, low overlap high lift cams keep the cylinder pressures high compared to high duration cams. this cam makes good smooth power from bottom to top, unllike the common high duration cams that have a really soft bottom in the power department. The idle doesn't sound racey but this is a power making cam. The ports in the f2 flow a good deal more then the k heads which needed the high duration cams to make them flow...they stopped flowing a a very low lift. The f2 doesn't need the duration to fill the cylinders...just hold the big valves farther open. The biggest things that need to be done are use heavy duty chains for cam and the primaries as well as heavy duty cylinder studs. with this displacement and the f2 head you need bigger carbs and a good ignition system...both will make a huge difference in power.

Back