• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

First Start in 35 Years

Nam Point Man

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Ok guys need some advice, My last winters (I know it is October) project is ready to hit the stater.
1. Engine is not locked up
2. Carbs cleaned and ready (I think)
3. New oil & filter
4. New plugs ready to install

I have been told there is a fogger you spray in the cylinders for lube ..... any thoughts here? I thought about doing that and cranking by foot. Then installing new plugs, putting the gas to it, then cranking

It would not hurt if it was not started in 35yr,s rings could be possibly be stuck to the pistons or stuck valves only way without doing a series of test is go ahead and try firing it up. Thats just My opinion I,m sure others will say different Good luck to Ya.

You need to get some oil in the bearings after sitting that long. Ideal would be to have a pressure tank to force oil into the oil gallery but at a minimum pull all the spark plugs. Pull a valve adjust cap on cyl 1 and 4 so you can watch for oil to the top end on both ends. Get some new oil in the tank then either kick it till you get oil or use the starter. You could spray a little wd40 in each cylinder or a very small amount of engine oil in each cylinder.

Back