• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New kid on the block, just saying Hey!

FearTheH

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, after experimenting with nearly every other make and model of bike out there, I've finally picked up the one I've always wanted. Today I bought a 1982 CB750C for 500 bucks. The bike is running but could use a tune up but that will be addressed along with everything I always do anytime I buy a new toy, with carb rebuilds, oil, plugs and wires and so forth. My last bike was an 88 Honda Super Magna V45 750, and if you don't know, those are V4's and the carbs are a nightmare to work on so it's nice to have another bike with rear mounted inline carbs.
My plans are to hardtail the bike and make it a bobbed rat bike. I will post pictures tomorrow. The bike has a fairing and windscreen with speakers and cd player, which will be removed, it also came with hard bags and a hard case tail pack, all 3 of which will be for sale, along with the factory tank, fenders, side covers and so on.
I am a master fabricator by trade but this is my first bobber project so any input will be greatly appreciated! I look forward to being a part of this site!

Remember well burning the crap out of My hand syncronizing the the carbs on My 83 V45 was My first new fast bike by the standards back then, Good luck with the new project.

Run the valves. These close up to leak at valves and then everybody goes after carbs to never get it running right. Can't say it enough. Use .005" minimum rather than the Honda spec of .003", there's a reason for it.

Back