• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

HAINDST piston rings

Topperharley

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody.
Im having a burnout[emoji1] becouse i need new piston rings for my k2. Its bored to 67mm/ 900cc and has Henry Abe pistons. Those rings are really hard to find. Iv spend hours on web trying to find them on some replacement.
If you guys have any tips or hints where to ask id be more than gratefull.

Sorry about my bad english.

Best bet is going to have to have custom rings made. They havent made those pistons in many years. Total Seal with custom make rings, they need ring dimensions or send them a piston so they can measure for themselves. They gave me a quote of about $130 for some 70mm pistons I had.

Iv found a Hap Jones 900cc ring kit that has 67mm and 1.68mm. Im gonna leave the old oil rings on and use lathe? to make the compression rings* groove equal 1.68mm with propher clearance. Its only .18mm bigger. After that i will hone the cylinder and BAM!! rock n' roll 8)

About Topseal. I did sent them an email about a week ago. No aswer yet.

I would like to know what you guys think about my idea?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tsr-s2496

Dunno about the price though whether one set or what.

Slightly oversize and you may have to file ends. 1/16" thick, the oil is 1/8". Cast iron ring set for Triumph and BSA single 250 or triple 750 oldschool engines.

Cutting the pistons is asking for it. The grooves are not dead round and the width needs to be held to the thousandth. Same with the back depth.

Was trying to find this the other day but couldn't. From the Honda Custom website stickies.

Honda CB1000 DOHC Customs use 67 mm. pistons too but I have no idea of the ring thicknesses. The standard bore rings are long dried up in availability since so few of them built.

Hyundai made some sort of 1100 cc. engine around 2005-2008 and they use Hastings ring part #2C4580 for that size and supposedly they fit the CB1000 at least. Might check with the Hastings people, I hear they are easy to deal with. Around $68 bucks a set or so was bounced around as the price.

Better late than never...........

Henry Abe used different ring widths through the years so you will need to check them carefully.

Yeah. The one i have has piston ring width 1.56 but the rings on it now are 1.36.
I did buy std jug and pistons from wisconcin.
If i ever get that Abe kit together im gonna sell it.
H.A...i hate you ;)

OK. The ring i ordered arrived. The end clearance is 0.35 measured when ring is in the jug. Diameter is 67mm thickness is 1.5mm and depth is 3.00mm. Groove in the piston is around 3.30mm deep so its a close call. The std jug and pistons are in the customs so i will get them soon also. Im 99% sure that next summer i will be driving with std set.

Back