• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Carb clean & rebuild, Plastic double "D" washer - Where?

750kjay

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I disassembled and cleaned the carbs on my 750k. I am in the process of re-assemble. I have a plastic washer,spacer, 20mm(.787") diameter, with 2 flats at 16mm(.629") across, a 11mm(.434") center hole and 2 ears sticking up from one side about 1.5mm(.06"). It is approximately 1mm(.039") thick.
I think it came from the right side of no.2 carb where the 2 choke plate rod heads come together and interact with the torsion spring. I can't remember where it goes. I know I said to myself, "I see where this goes, this will be easy to remember". It's been almost a week and naturally I can't remember. The picture I took doesn't show this washer/spacer. The washer/spacer is a little smaller than a nickel.
I am going to add a picture of the washer, after the camera battery charges up.

Thanks in advance,
Jay.

Hi Members,
Here's a picture of the plastic double "D" shaped washer/spacer with the 2 ears sticking up from the surface.
Any ideas where it goes? Maybe a good schematic that shows where it assembles?

Thanks in advance,
Jay. 102_2041.jpg

Jay,
Can't remember where it goes either but BikeBandit.com has a micro-fiche with full carb schematics.
I have the service manual and will go on and check for you as well
Steve

Hi Sikopal,
I think I figured it out!:) I think it goes between the right side of carb no.2 and the plastic washer/spacer around the left side of the throttle cable pully. There's a plastic disc on the left side of the throttle pulley that sits against the right side of carb no.2. The ears, on the questionable washer/spacer, snap around the carb casting that the rod slides thru. This gives a slippery wear surface between the pulley and the car so the casting doesn't get worn.
I'll be interested to know if I'm right or wrong.

Thanks for all the help.
Jay.

Hi,
It's running! Runs really smooth. Took it out for a spin and it didn't miss or backfire. I'm surprised that the carbs were that gummed up but happy as heck I was able to clean them out.
I'll post a pic in the "show your" bike thread. Maybe the wife will be willing to grace the seat cover.....DRESSED.

Jay.

Glad to hear you got it running
Sounds like you figured it out, service manual and microfiche don't differentiate metal vs plastic so hard to tell but looks like its in the right place.
Pics of the wifey on saddle, sounds good:thumbsup:

You talk about pulling an old post out and blowing the dust off. It's cold. I thought I would do something indoors like rebuild a spare set of 1978 CB750 K8 PD42B carbs. Then after laying out all the parts, a little whiskey and my CRS kicked in. Where did that little washer described above go? It's woke, the only one on the whole bike so has to be special!
I think I know exactly where it went but, measure twice, cut once. I pull the tank and the key cap off number two carb. Yep, there the little devil is, on the throttle shaft, right side, between the brass slide arm boss and carb body.
The other three slide arm bosses measure about 38.8mm in width each. The number two slide boss measures about 36.5mm. in width and needs the thrust washer, spacer washer or whatever it is called to fill out the inter dimensions.
Will everything work without it? I recon so, since the above bike has been working since 2012. You can't find mention of this little feller anywhere! I've looked and ran across this old post. I guess it's like belly buttons, everybody knows all about them but 750Kjay and me, so they're never mentioned. Talk about Purple Prose and answering a cold case question about where it goes! 2012. Geez, I was 64 back then.
Happy 2024 everybody!
Thu

Back