• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Transmission slipping into neutral after first gear.

Cprisco13

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey so this actually has happened to me on my old 88 Honda Hawk I used to own as well. On my 72 cb750 When I accelerate hard from a stop and try to shift to 2nd gear it almost always slips into nuetral and i have to slow down and then it will go to 2nd. If i just slowly accelerate from a stop and switch gears it works fine. Its only when i accelerate hard. All the other gears work fine but its just 1st to 2nd. Obviously nuetral is in between 1st and 2nd so thats why its happening but is there anything I can do to fix this? Has this happened to anyone else!? Like i said this is my second bike that its happened to me with. Ive read other things online that it happens to people but no one really knows what to do.

Its either worn dogs on the tranny gears or you have an issue with a shift fork or the shift drum. You will have the split the cases to get to the tranny to inspect.

Back