• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Replacement Brake Lever - Nissin master cylinder

ethanf

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased my first bike (82 CB750C) and doing a few minor cosmetic fixes. Both levers had the ends broken off so I ordered a set off ebay that was an OEM replacement. I got the clutch lever on just fine, but it appears that the brake master cylinder has been rebuilt. The replacement lever I have doesn't fit. The replacement is the same overall shape, but it's slightly skinnier so it wiggles around and doesn't line up properly to engage the piston. It looks like the master cylinder is a Nissin brand. All the Nissin brand replacement levers I'm seeing are about $40 which seems a bit steep. Are there any alternatives that will fit and are cheaper?

After some searching I read somewhere that the Nissin master cylinders use the ZX-7 stock adjustable lever so I order one off ebay for $14. I closely examined the pictures comparing to the broken lever I have and it looks like it'll work...I'll reply back once I receive it--maybe this will help someone else out.

Back