• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Cylinders 1&4 NOT firing

Tstameisen

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I'm NOT a mechanic, but I'm mechanically inclined. That being said, here's the issue that's got me so perplexed:

My bike sounds bogged down all of a sudden when running. Cylinders 1&4 seem to be cold after running. I've checked all the fuel system (all clear) and theres suction on both carbs. I've also checked both carbs and nothing seems to be wrong. I replaced the spark plugs, no change. So I realized 1&4 come off the same coil, checked those with a multimeter (may have done it wrong) and they seem to be fine. So I held a screwdriver to attached spark plugs (not screwed in the cylinders) and I found a spark when holding the starter button. Maybe cylinder 1 was weaker. I was thinking about upgrading the entire coil system, but I only plan on fixing things as they start to go wrong. I'd hate to change out the coils and find myself in the same position. Any ideas?

HELP ME PLEASE.

I inherited this bike from my father, who passed away and was the original owner. It means a lot to me to keep it on the road.

Thanks

more then likely you have an issue with the points and condenser for cylinder 1-4. Either rusty, dirty or pitted. you could try using some very fine sand paper, like 1000 grit and try cleaning them then resetting point gap.

Back