• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Pulse Generator

Thanks. Picked up this 750 which I've never worked on before as I have always run Harleys but I kind of like it. I may need more advice as I go forward.

Bike idles good but when you rev it up it starts to misfire on cylinders. I cleaned the carbs but I was wondering if it is a pulse generator problem hence my question on the oil on the pulse generator side. Any comments?

I wouldn't expect it to be pulse generators, You might try setting the gap at the low end of the spec just to see if it helps,

Have you played wit the choke to see if anything changes when you have it on a little?

For the sake of ease and in hopes for luck, I'd run some sea foam through the tank and carbs... beats taking them off and just might help. If the bike isn't rideable, that isn't such a good option.

Thanks. The bike looks in great shape. It only has about 60,000 miles on it it. I don't know about where you're at but up here there are lots of those 750s sitting around.

Back