• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

No head/tail lights

mozzman

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am just finishing the rebuild on my 1980 CB750K. I switched to a Dyna ignition system but didn't change any other wires. After reconnecting everything I have no headlight, tail light, or running lights (3rd wire on turn signal). The blinkers and brake lights work fine. Any thoughts? Can't seem to find it in the wiring diagram. THANKS!

More info. The right fuse on the top bridge was blown. The new one popped immediately when I turned the key. I have working turn signals, horn, brakelights, bike starts, ??
Thanks.

Sounds to me like you didn't mean to change any other wires, but did without realizing it. If it worked before you disconnected the wires and didn't when you reconnected them, that sounds like a place to start checking..

Hi,
Finally got it figured out, sort of. I took the left handlebar switch apart to paint and clean up and the tiny contactor for the high/low beam switch wasn't making contact. fixed that, and I now have no blown fuse, have headlight, and have tailight. BUT, no right turn signal. determined it is in the slide switch for the turnsignal. Does anyone make a repro of the left handlebar stitch? for this bike it is a 35200-425-672. I have found a 35200-422-672 that looks about right. Will this work?
Thanks.

OK, I switched the left handlebar switch with another unit. Same issue. I have everything EXCEPT, when I turn the right turn signal on the flasher unit just rapidly buzzes, the front "driving" light in the right turn signal goes out, and not rear signal. I believe I may have a problem with the light blue wire for the right turn signals. Can I just run a new wire to replace it outside the harness? This is the last issue with the restoration.
Frustration!

Back