• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

seeking a few parts for a K1

Coxy

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Gday Mates,

Seeking a few bits for a Cb750 K1
Parts are a bit far and few between here in Australia
But maybe this thread might connect a few rev heads to help out an ol' mate !
so I'm scrounging around for a Tacho, Center stand, and front guard at present
so maybe have a quick look in the box of bits you have under the bench and see what you can help with

Cheers Mates
Enjoying the site
Coxy

I have a '71 that should have the parts you describe, assuming that by front guard you mean what I would call a front fender. I've been putting off selling parts from it because I want to rebuild it, but the guy I got it from hasn't come up with the title yet... and it's been 3 years or so. I'll try to remember to get some pictures posted in the next day or two.

In case I do decide to sell the parts, are there other things you might need? Shipping is naturally going to be cost prohibitive, but if you wanted something else that would fit in the same flat rate USPS box such as with the tachometer, shipping for the extra item(s) would basically be free.

I have a '71 that should have the parts you describe, assuming that by front guard you mean what I would call a front fender. I've been putting off selling parts from it because I want to rebuild it, but the guy I got it from hasn't come up with the title yet... and it's been 3 years or so. I'll try to remember to get some pictures posted in the next day or two.

In case I do decide to sell the parts, are there other things you might need? Shipping is naturally going to be cost prohibitive, but if you wanted something else that would fit in the same flat rate USPS box such as with the tachometer, shipping for the extra item(s) would basically be free.

Mate !!! Your a bloody Legend !!

At this point of the rebuild the main bits I can see that are missing is the front "fender with the brackets and bits ect also the Tacho is not there as well as the bracket that holds it on to the triple clamp with the speedo the third item is the center stand with the pin and spring /clip bisso seems most are discarded probably due to ground clearance yeh

Any way love your work mate and its greatly appreciated!

Your Mate from down under !!
Coxy

Are you specifically after a '71 center stand rather than, for instance, a '75? I have a '75 already off the bike including the pin, spring, and "C" bracket. I've looked at CB750 history and find that the differences between years appear to be "improvements" such as adding weld apparently in strategic locations. I've not removed mine from the '71 to compare it to the '75, but with the '71 still on the bike I don't see any noticeable difference. I guess I really don't have a problem putting the '75 on mine in place of the '71 that's already there, so that's an option if necessary.

I had lawnmower trouble today and didn't make it to where the bike is, so haven't gotten pictures for uploading yet.

By the way, I might be a bloody legend, but only because my grandson got a new puppy recently, and the pup's teeth are so darn sharp I have tooth scratches all over both forearms... and I seem to bleed every time I scratch my arms!!

If I might be known for anything else, we might oughtta keep that to ourselves!

The legend Cb750

Are you specifically after a '71 center stand rather than, for instance, a '75? I have a '75 already off the bike including the pin, spring, and "C" bracket. I've looked at CB750 history and find that the differences between years appear to be "improvements" such as adding weld apparently in strategic locations. I've not removed mine from the '71 to compare it to the '75, but with the '71 still on the bike I don't see any noticeable difference. I guess I really don't have a problem putting the '75 on mine in place of the '71 that's already there, so that's an option if necessary.

I had lawnmower trouble today and didn't make it to where the bike is, so haven't gotten pictures for uploading yet.

Hi Tommycarl !

Sounds like a plan Stan
I wouldn't think the stands would be so different How about the couple of other bits any joy there
Before you get to carried away would it be possible to let me know what sort of dollars you think it will be as I will need to allow for the exchange rate and shipping .

Any way thanks again Mate

Coxy

I'm thinking an even $100 for everything, plus shipping... which I have no clue on at the moment.

Tachometer
Tachometer / Speedometer Bracket
Front Fender with stays and whatever comes off with it, including mounting hardware and grommets if there are any
Center stand with pivot pin, spring, and "c" plate... you can choose between the '71 and '75

At this point it's all just discussion... I'm not 100% sure I want to sell parts from the bike yet, but as you'll see in the pictures to follow, I have a '72 in my trailer right beside the '71, and the '72 basically just needs a base gasket and put back together, so I really don't need 2 of these 750's. The reason I want the '71 is that my first bike was a brand new '71... but realistically, 71 is just a number in this case.

It'll be obvious that he parts need cleaned up, but I took pictures that will at least show what I have and maybe confirm for you that they're what you need. I'll expect no commitment to buy from you until I have all the parts off and provide individual closeup pictures and confirm that the tack even works.

Anyway, I've uploaded some pictures to Photobucket and here's the link (for clarification on the fender pics, the '71 is the full fender in the corner... it's behind the '72 with the shortened fender):

http://s590.photobucket.com/user/ganelson/library/71 CB750K1?sort=2&page=1

Parts

I'm thinking an even $100 for everything, plus shipping... which I have no clue on at the moment.

Tachometer
Tachometer / Speedometer Bracket
Front Fender with stays and whatever comes off with it, including mounting hardware and grommets if there are any
Center stand with pivot pin, spring, and "c" plate... you can choose between the '71 and '75

At this point it's all just discussion... I'm not 100% sure I want to sell parts from the bike yet, but as you'll see in the pictures to follow, I have a '72 in my trailer right beside the '71, and the '72 basically just needs a base gasket and put back together, so I really don't need 2 of these 750's. The reason I want the '71 is that my first bike was a brand new '71... but realistically, 71 is just a number in this case.

It'll be obvious that he parts need cleaned up, but I took pictures that will at least show what I have and maybe confirm for you that they're what you need. I'll expect no commitment to buy from you until I have all the parts off and provide individual closeup pictures and confirm that the tack even works.

Anyway, I've uploaded some pictures to Photobucket and here's the link (for clarification on the fender pics, the '71 is the full fender in the corner... it's behind the '72 with the shortened fender):

http://s590.photobucket.com/user/ganelson/library/71 CB750K1?sort=2&page=1

Gday Gary

The images were great and the tacho is a K1 for sure so I would say the rest should be all the same
Thanks for going to the trouble bye the way and its appreciated immensely ! Mate
Is that gold bike the K2 looks like you have an Aladdin's cave going on there Mate
Lets keep this ball a bouncing

Thanks again
Coxy Down Under

Well my next question was going to be "are you sure you need a K1 tach" because I've been looking on Ebay to see if I could find a cheaper one... and I think I only saw one that was actually for a '71, although I saw at least a couple that said they were. Having seen the pictures, you apparently did confirm that you need the tach with the idiot lights in the face, so that answers that question.

The '72 is actually orange, but it's kind of hard to tell the color in the pictures. Alliddin's cave, huh? Heck, there are only 2 bikes in that trailer right now... among with two 4-wheelers for my grandkids. Three-to-four years ago I went through a phase of buying five SOHC 750's, but now I'm down to only two. I have quite a few parts left over but most are from '75's. I really do need to get the shed cleaned out, just don't want to throw parts away and I've been too lazy to get them listed on Ebay.

Gday Mate

Seems as though we both have bikes on the brain, well I guess at some time it relaced women not to worry !
If it helps you can rest assured your parts would be going to a worthy project in a far off country and be continued on as another great bike
I am looking at placing an order for new tanks and side covers this week although from the price I will be paying I should be taking a holiday
So its another holiday in the workshop good as it gets at the moment
If your have a few doubts about the parts "don't stress something always comes up " its the law of averages
Tomorrow the rear wheel will be respoked so that little hold up is no more
By the way I must of missed the email notifications so that would be the reason for the late reply

All The best Mate
Coxy down under !!

Last edited:
Back