• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

74 cb750 /speed moto carb issues

DildoMagic104

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Well I have purchased the dual setup for my 1974 cb750 , and it was working great ! But now I have run into a few issues and was curious if someone out there has any advice ...... so out of nowhere one of the carbs is overflowing like crazy , it's dumping fuel like a hose . My question on that is does anyone feel it's the float needle even if there brand new ?????

My other question is in had the idle working really well and ajusted the throttle cable , now it's just hitting like 5k right when I start it up and messing with the cable doesn't help any suggesting ..

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks !!!

CycleX is selling a twin carb setup for the SOHC now.

(2) VM34 mm Mikuni carbs (prejetted)
Special cast alloy manifolds.
Motion Pro turbo throttle (7/8 or 1" Bars)
Motion Pro throttle cable.
Velocity stacks ( screen type)
Carb rubbers and stainless clamps.
Instruction sheet
Extra jets
Note: Also fits DOHC

CA-0098 $499.00

CALL TO ORDER
*Not recommended for stock frames

To answer his 9 mo old question, Yes, it could be the brand new needle, I've had this happen. The new needle had a small burr on it from manufacturing that caused it to stick open. I just filed off the burr. (With one of my really small files)

Yes, thanks for the cycle x part. I have seen those as well but since I am sticking to the stock frame I don't think that one will work

Back