• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New chain ideas???

EIP74CB750

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Just busted the chain on my 1974 CB 750k and wondering what the best replacement chain for these are, i want one thats pretty much bullet proof, havent ever had to buy a chain before so just wondering the best one out there

Diamond brand is about the best. Any namebrand chain is good, I use Renthal on dirtbikes and have used RK , DID , EK they all last pretty good if using a standard non oring chain. As long as you do regular maintnence and lubing. O ring chains in my opinion are not worth the money if you lube regularly. Standard chains now days are very durable as long as you dont get the cheap Chinese ebay chains, I tried and installed one and the slack was so uneven I didn't even use it...threw it in the trash and bought a good brand. You need to look close at your sprockets also, if your chain broke I cant beleive the sprockets are in very good shape as far as wear, you really should replace sprockets along with the chain as they do wear in together, normally when the chain is done the sprockets are done too.

Sounds good thanks, im going to go ahead and replace the sprockets and chain, the sprocket and chain are both the ones that came on the bike haha, it only has 16k miles on it but its still a 41 year old motorcycle so i think its smart. Thanks for the info

Back