• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Just put down my deposit for a CB750C

keepitsimple

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I didn't ind a new member intro area but saw that some people were doing that here.

I just bought an absolutely beautiful CB750 Custom in the Red colorway.

It's in pretty pristine condition and the previous owner has several other bikes that are also in great shape. Overall I felt great about this bike when I took a look at it and made an offer and closed the deal.

It'll be my first big bike I've owned but certainly not the first bike I've ridden. I have always loved the CB series and can finally say I own one =] . The one thing that drew me to the CB series first was the shape of the tank. The lines are so beautiful (I'm a designer by trade).

I don't know what the demographic are like here on this forum but I'm a pretty young guy. You might have already guessed that I may want to Cafe out the bike judging by how I admitted my youth and how the Cafe scene is kind of blowing up right now, but honestly, after seeing the bike in person and how lovely it is, I think I'm probably going to leave it pretty untouched.

Probably going to just make it looks a little less old man looking by changing out the stock handlebars and getting a nicer seat.

But yea I hope to learn a lot from you guys and hopefully will be able to share some of my experiences as well. I'm semi mechanically inclined from my experience working with smaller motors but this is the first time I ever had to work with multiple Carbs & cylinders. We'll see how it goes though. I'll post photos when I can to show you guys but yea, I look forward to both gaining and contributing to the CB750 community!

-k.i.s.

Here's a photo!! A beauty isn't she? All stock

DSC_1061.jpg

Hah. Yea actually to your point, the previous owner was an older guy and had bedazzled as well as put crazy mudflaps and other accessories. I stripped all those things off before hitting the road for the inaugural ride.

The bike really is in awesome condition. So much so it really made me question how much I wanted to change aesthetically. For the most part I think I decided to keep the original paint and colorway. The things I intend on doing are to basically to make it a little more aggressive but not over the top. Things like a more aggressive handlebar, a new seat, and removing the fenders. Pretty basic stuff I think.

As I contemplate about it more I may do more things to it stylistically but I'm definitely looking to retain it's original vibe as much as possible. Rather than changing, I'll compliment.

That's a very clean bike, nice find.......I bought this neglected 81 750C for short money a few weeks ago. It runs well but is sorta ugly and rusty. It's being stripped and tuned into a cafe racer as we speak....Not my house in the background,but could be, lol....

36834733630_5033f84e28_c.jpg

Back