• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Jets (how many turns)

Cprisco13

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys, just got a carb rebuild kit for a completely stock 1972 CB750. I'm bout to put them back together but would like to know how the jetting works. Ive hear your supposed to turn them a certain amount of times or something but I have no clue and can't find it on here. Also the idle screw. How many times do I turn it or whatever. Thanks a ton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also all for all the screws on the carbs is there a chart or something somewhere that tells me how many times to turn them or unturn them? Being a newbie I would assume that every screw needs to be tightened all the way but I know I am wrong.

Everything in the carb bowl should be tight, The only other adjustments 1. air screw start at 1 1/2 turns out from closed then fine tune after running 2. set the idle screw at 800rpms to 1000rpms after You get it running. 3. slide adjusters for syncronizing the carbs located on top of the carbs with the 10mm. jam nut, get a good manual to help You along the way. Good luck.

Only thing I will add is the idle should be at 1000rpm any lower and you start to hear the primary chains etc. and the plugs can start to load up. Factory spec is 1000 +/- 100 rpm.

Back