• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1978 -- does the needle jet come out?

drumstyx

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi all, first post here. I've just started into the carbs on one of my 1978 cb750s, and I'm trying to make sure I get them completely apart so they get good and clean. I've got rebuild kits, and they come with needle jets (or needle guides, or whatever they're called), but they don't seem to come out near as easy as the ones on my '99 katana that I just rebuilt.

I know the 77 and 78 carbs are a bit different from the rest of the sohc carbs, and from each other (who thought it was a good idea to have a non-removeable float valve seat??), so I just want to make sure they're actually supposed to come out before I start tapping things around.

Thanks, and I look forward to learning!

Sorry. Kids...lol yea I'm having the same problem. So the needle jet, or seat or that little guide for the needle. So it actually comes out of the bottom of the 2" brass piece? I'll try to get a pic. Thanks and happy holidays.

Back