• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Front end

mlbjb16

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone had any experience with putting a newer front end on these old cb's I have a 1980 750c and didn't know if there were newer front ends that swap right out any info is helpful... Thanks

I am new here, but here I go, in case you still want an answer.
I am in the process of installing a GSXR1000 complete front end into my 80 CB750F. You have many options there, but if you decide to go my route, go to cognitomoto.com Order just the stem/bearings from them. Actually, I bought upper and lower bearings, but lower you can use the stock on your bike, just order the upper and the stem. Then, if you don't have a shop press, go to any local shop to have the stock stem from the GSXR front end pressed out, and the new stem from Cognito pressed in. All you have to do now is mount the GSXR into your CB750. With this, comes a new deal, front wheel diff from that Comstar on the rear. Get a CBR600F 3-spoke wheel, very similar to the 3-spoke GSXR. Now you have to align sprocket and play with spacer measurements, and have a local shop make them to you. I am into a bigger problem as I want spoke wheel front and back. I will let you know my solution, when I find one. Good luck with your project

Back