• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

plugs fouling

Sorry, I dont always get time to respond right away. The needle on the slide is what I am talking about. The needle has slots in it that is adjusted by moving the E clip. This adjustment is a huge factor in fuel mixture from 1/4 to 3/4 throttle. Need to verify what position they are in before syncing because you have to remove the linkage to get to the clips which can affect the sync.

Thanks, I think I have this right. The jet needle has 5 slots and the clip is in the 4th from the top(or 2nd slot from tip of needle). I know it's hard to see diagram that came out of shop manual, but #10 in pic is jet needle. Do you think I should move clip? See attachment.
Again, your help has made the difference, thanks. I'm in Wis, so not much time left this year, right?

Attachments

• honda jet needle.jpg
    honda jet needle.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 115
That is almost in the full rich position, lower the clip position the higher it holds the needle which makes it richer. Standard position is normally middle position. I would put in the middle position.

I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota, so my everyday riding oportunities are done for the year, getting our first snow storm starting tomorrow but we do get nice days....can be 30 degrees one day and 70 the next.

There are 5 slots, so moving it 1 notch would be middle. Would 1 move make a big difference?
Do you use a fuel additive with premium gas? Just trying to figure out how to keep the slow jet open.

The slots are fairly large adjustments. Ive never needed to use fuel additives with premium around here, our premium is also no ethanol. I still normally have to clean jets about every spring as I dont get the bikes out a lot of time for 2 or 3 months at a time around here.

Back