• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Tapered Steering Head Bearings

jbird7262

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting some steering bearings and found a company : Pyramid Parts that sells a kit consisting of Upper/Lower taper bearings, shells (races), upper/lower seals, grease and a link to fitting instructions. $ 43.50 Whats the best way to remove the old races? I have different slide hammers and can make a lipped puller to get inside the neck to yank them out, hell, I'll make a attachment for my air hammer !! I've seen race pullers on-line but I'm a cheapskate and prefer to make the part over spending $$. I know many have done this change over, any tips for the unsure?? :yikes:

I use a punch and hammer to remove them as well. Then I grind down the outside of the old race just a little and use it to pound in the new race.

So you kind of use the old race just like driving in a new axle seal, I could also use a section of brass stock a bit smaller than the neck opening. I know races are hard as shit from replacing them in my Model A. I figure something out, Thanks

Yeah that would work. Using the old race is quick and easy. Lot's of ways to skin a cat.

Back