• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

5 days in the saddle of 1980 CB750C.....

DouginDixie

CB750 Member
Reaction score
First off, dang it's hot out there!! I finished the mechanical work on the bike last month and not going to start the pain/bodywork until winter so off on a ride I went. Went up to "The Tail of the Dragon at Deal's Gap" in Tennessee and North Carolina and all through the area up the Blue Ridge Parkway to Virginia. Old bike did a great job! So much fun and saw a ton of Harleys and metric cruisers & sport bikes but not another CB750 of any vintage which surprised me. Only thing that showed up on the trip was head gasket started seeping some oil and it showed up on the right side but never enough to be really messy or making it necessary to ad oil. I avoided interstates and spent the entire 2300 miles on back roads and U.S Hwys. I've probably been on the Dragon 15 or 16 different times on as many different bikes/cars and this was one of the best. I really have nothing negative to say about this bike except the brakes could probably be beefed up a little. It held it's own and cruised at 70 on the four-lanes. Range was around 160 miles before going to reserve. I really liked not having to fight the bulk of a Goldwing or other large bikes and yes, I realize 750's aren't for everybody but again, I had a blast and that's what counts to me. Getting ready to replace chain & sprockets and then maybe a Texas trip early fall.

Back