• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Got the horn?

Oliver Boy

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Suggestions please :)

I need an upgrade to the standard horn I have on my '81 750K.

Currently it sports a replacement from CB750Vintage.com; it was promptly delivered and looks great but is really weedy. Pathetic in fact.
When I sit on the bike with my helmet on and the engine running, I can barely hear it at all; like a gnat farting!

Before this item I had an air-horn, but the sound amplifiers were quickly crushed between my front mud guard and the soggy suspension.

Has anybody found any good aftermarket items that are LOUD ENOUGH to keep the SUV's from cutting me off ?

Thanks

Piers

This is what I installed. Its about as loud as a car with a low tone sound.

FIAMM 72012 12 V Low Note
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000DN7T3A?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

I made a bracket and installed it here:

horn.jpg

If I had one on a bike right now I'd post a video so you could hear it... but I don't. I have one in the package still, but that doesn't do us any good. I don't like loud exhausts, but do like loud horns, and that one pretty well satisfies me.

Thanks tommycarl
I saw those on Amazon but was put off by some of the feedback.
They are certainly quite nice looking....

Thanks ralfalc

I found the same make and model at Canadian Tire for cheap (although the 72102 is called the Freeway Blaster here).
I mounted it in no time and it is much better than the old one :)
Cant say I am bowled over by the aesthetics, but safety first eh?

I'm loving the paint job on you SOHC, kind of retro!

Thanks. love the paint.....or the lack of...

I sandblasted the tank and left whatever wouldnt come off. Bondo'd some dents, put the numbers on the sides, sprayed silver to match the old paint/primer, sanded it down to look worn out and thats it. Now I just polish it once a week. Then the side covers were polished, some parts sanded down to clean metal and clear coated

Back