• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Got my hands on a cb750 Super Sport f1 -76

Larsthebandage

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! First time Honda owner but biker since birth!

So... I just got my hands on a cb750 super sport f1 -76, and I am trying to figure out as much about it as I can. Is it a common model? Is it worth anything? The bike is in pretty good condition overall, a little rust in the gas tank and the seat has seen better days :) but the engine is really nice and I guess after some cleaning it will shine like the sun.

I only have on picture at the moment, I'm getting the bike next week so it's hard to photograph...

Does anyone have any more information or stories/history of this bike? I mean the model itself of course

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 190
Hej Lars,

Nice find. I can tell you my experiences. They are not very rare but can be desirable due to the rear disc
and tank. Honda did make fewer Supersports than the standard models though.The Supersport is the only model
these tanks came on and the only models with rear discs as far as I know. That being said....the brake parts
were by far the hardest to get. It seems lately more parts have become available for the brakes since I rebuilt mine
though, but they don't come cheap. Rebuild kits for the rear master cylinder were impossible to find, but I discovered the GL1000
part fits and is far more available. The piston for the front caliper was hard to get too. But other than that it is
pretty much the same as all the other SOHC models with a few minor differences. I can tell you the rear brake is over-engineered and will
lock up the back wheel if you are too heavy with your foot. But that may depend on your weight, I weigh 130lbs.
and have locked up the rear wheel a few times in panic stops. Nearly went sideways once.
You can check out my build if you have the desire.

http://www.cb750.com/threads/1886-My-build-so-far-for-your-approval-comments-and-advice

good luck with yours, post some pictures. Are you keeping it stock? I'm a big fan of the Supersport tanks and
yours is a nice one.

Nothing special about the motor in this year, basically same as the K motor in this year. If the bike is nearly complete I would keep it close to stock...to many people are cutting up the 750's now days for cafe's and choppers, I hate to see a good stock bike cut and hacked to pieces.

Hej Lars,

Nice find. I can tell you my experiences. They are not very rare but can be desirable due to the rear disc
and tank. Honda did make fewer Supersports than the standard models though.The Supersport is the only model
these tanks came on and the only models with rear discs as far as I know. That being said....the brake parts
were by far the hardest to get. It seems lately more parts have become available for the brakes since I rebuilt mine
though, but they don't come cheap. Rebuild kits for the rear master cylinder were impossible to find, but I discovered the GL1000
part fits and is far more available. The piston for the front caliper was hard to get too. But other than that it is
pretty much the same as all the other SOHC models with a few minor differences. I can tell you the rear brake is over-engineered and will
lock up the back wheel if you are too heavy with your foot. But that may depend on your weight, I weigh 130lbs.
and have locked up the rear wheel a few times in panic stops. Nearly went sideways once.
You can check out my build if you have the desire.

http://www.cb750.com/threads/1886-My-build-so-far-for-your-approval-comments-and-advice

good luck with yours, post some pictures. Are you keeping it stock? I'm a big fan of the Supersport tanks and
yours is a nice one.

Hej hej Daren! (you know swedish?)

thanks for the reply! just the type i was looking for! And nice build, a sharp and clean looking bike - nice!

I don't know if i am gonna keep it stock, I need to look at it more closely. I was actually just told that the gas tank is not the original for my bike, which was to rusty. And this one was bought in the US and put on there, but it was suposed to be the same year.... more to come...

Thanks a bunch Daren!

Nothing special about the motor in this year, basically same as the K motor in this year. If the bike is nearly complete I would keep it close to stock...to many people are cutting up the 750's now days for cafe's and choppers, I hate to see a good stock bike cut and hacked to pieces.

I hear you. I am gonna take a closer look at it and take some more pictures to show you guys before i make an decision. I really don't want to choppit if its to nice to keep original/stock

Back