• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Place to get mufflers

mansito

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I am new to the forum. Got a 79 CB750K last weekend. I am looking for recommendations on where to get replacement mufflers and what brand to get for my bike . I read that with some mufflers you have to rejet. I prefer to buy a replacement muffler that does not require reject. I would also prefer a exhaust on the quiet side (i.e. similar to the factory noise level.)

I've been told that as long as you have the stock carbs, air box, and filter on a '79, that changing the exhaust probably won't require rejetting. However, changing from the stock air box setup will require rejetting and won't be "pretty". So if you have pods or are considering going that direction, things might get ugly for you.

Tommycarl, thank you. I guess I am good shape, I have the stock carbs + air box + filter. Now that rejetting is out of the way, I'll appreciate recommendations on getting exhausts.

Back