• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Gauge blinker light only goes ON when blinking one way

rafalc

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all,

I installed the mini speedo which includes all of the indicator light (Neutral, Oil, Blinkers, etc.) On my '73 750, the original light indicator console only had 1 light for blinkers, it would blink weather you had the left or right blinker activated. This new speedo is the same setup, however, the blinker light only comes ON when the left blinkers are ON. When the right blinkers re ON, it does not go ON.

I connected the wires same way it was connected stock - from the speedo, 1 blinker wire going to ORANGE, the other going to BLUE.

More info: I have LEDs installed with a new electrical flasher. All lights work and flash.

Any ideas how I can get the indicator light to go ON no matter which blinker is ON?

I had this problem on an H1 and another instance on another (old Suzuki) forum - so I'm guessing the same problem here. The OEM wiring sends current in two directions through the incandescent bulb depending on which blinker is on. A standard LED will only allow current in one direction. There are LEDS which have internal changes that will allow the thing to light in either direction (AC/DC type) - or you will need to switch to a regular bulb or modify the wiring to make a regular LED work.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat...Number,BA9S,21,198:Volts_Typical,12,100,3744:

Thank you, thats what I what thinking. Today I noticed that when the right turn signal in ON, the left LEDs also light up just s tiny bit until I unplug the blinker wires coming from the indicator light...figured its something related to LED bulbs.

Here's the schematic for the wiring mod. I took 2 diodes out of an old 12v adapter .

Turn Indicator Mod.jpg

Back