• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Wheel swap?

cphines

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I've become the new owner of a '76 cb750a. I am wanting to do a restomod cafe racer. What wheels will swap easily to change from spokes to solid?

Be nice if someone would answer some of these question other then Dirtdigger who is doing a great job!!

I believe the comstar wheels for any 77 or 78 f model (sport) would fit, but those have disk breaks in the rear, so you'd have to get the swing-arm too to get the caliper to mount up right, plus mods to the frame for the rear master cylinder. Nothing I can think of that would be a direct swap.

I'm a motor guy, dont care much about the wheels lol. If you swap the whole assemblies it makes things easier. Swap the whole fork with wheel...swap the rear wheel with the swingarm. Most people want the spoke wheels and want to get rid of the solid wheels. I like the 79 dohc spoked front wheels and forks as the brakes are much better and the forks are a little more refined.

Back