• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Newb checking in

Mule

CB750 Member
Reaction score
New to the forum and rebuilding motorcycles in general...I'm not bad with a wrench and four wheels but this is my first foray into two wheel territory. Building a '77 750K into a slightly scramblerish/superbikeish/whateverish sort of deal. I have an experienced hand helping but in hunting around for more more more info, found this forum and am planning on reading the heck out of the joint and maybe asking a poignant question or eight while the build continues.

The project started off as a bobber project in someone else's garage...and he didn't really do it any favors with the angle grinder or the cutting torch:

IMG_20150131_122840.jpg

The wiring harness was completely fried, carbs off the bike, the exhaust had taken a permanent leave of absence, etc. etc. (The 750 was also cleverly being used to hide a '72 Triumph Bonneville behind it...somehow that made it home on the same trailer...mysteries and riddles I tell ya.)

After a couple months of learning (some of it through demoralizing failure) I've gotten to here:

IMG_20150503_143541.jpgIMG_20150503_143626.jpgIMG_20150503_143930.jpg

Hopefully the carbs will be going on tonight, along with finishing up the exhaust, and yes that seat is going out the garage window at the nearest opportunity.

It was great to find a forum with so much info to start wading through, being new to motorcycle mechanics and building and learning on a project like this has been the good kind of overwhelming and am looking forward to learning more as time goes. Big thanks for providing the resource and allowing a dork like me to partake.

Back