• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1980 cb750 dead!

visorclown

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I have a strange occurrence here. I recently had some electrical work done at a local shop to repair a short in the headlamp wiring. He did a good job and got it done for a reasonable price. a few days later someone notified me that my running lights weren't on at night. So when I got home to try and check the fuses the keyring touch the side of the fuse box and everything went dead. I've replaced all the fuses and nothing has changed. I charge the battery to full and nothing. Has this happened to anyone else? I'd love to hear any feedback as I am at a loss of what to try next. Thanks!

b3ac736a13bafeaa9e517dc4bdb11954.jpg

Here is the remains of the fuse. Problem is that it doesn't seem readily available at autozone. Ideas on where to find these?

Had to get it directly from Honda dealer for My 95 goldwing look the same only the G.W. was probably a higher amperage. Take the old one with You.

It was one the largest Honda dealers in Mi. had it in stock, If You cannot get one the auto parts stores sell fuse holders with a lead wire on each end just attach each wire on the existing screws that held the original on. There available in glass fuse or spade type. crimp and solder terminals on the ends.

Just in case you get REALLY lucky and didn't look closely, there MIGHT be an extra fuse at the solenoid. When I had one of these go bad I just stumbled onto the fact that there were 2 extras... mine was an old gold wing, but there's at least a slim chance that you may find one.

The extra OEM one slipped in the slot is often worse than the one you popped. Pull it out after years and it crumbles into powder. BTDT.

I patched in a car ATC weatherproof fuse holder for $5 and in about five minutes and it has worked fine for 15 years now. Much more robust than OEM.

1980 CB750F.

Back