• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Lithium Battery Melted....

motoshed

CB750 Member
Reaction score
So, I've been trying to use a small lithium battery tucked away on my CB750 cafe for a while now. I have not had had any problems with a traditional lead battery but I've ruined a few lithium batteries (2 days ago it melted a Shorai LFX14A2-BS12) and am at a loss. My charging system works well and I'm trying to decide whether to scrap the idea of running a lithium or have an exposed battery on my bike! I've rewired the bike twice and really want to make this work. Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Could be over charging. Just looked up the specs. Max is 15.2 v. Put a volt meter on your bike and watch it. Could just need a new voltage regulator.

It was a wiring issue. From where I custom mounted my ignition ignitors, one of the wires rubbed a break in the sheathing. After a small electrical fire, a few hours of troubleshooting and a few hundred dollars in parts later: she's running fine! !

Back