• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Muffler help

jdibiase

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I have a factory exhaust (I think). Someone gutted and removed the baffles and it doesn't sound the best when it is running. There is a rattle coming from the mufflers and doesn't sound smooth. I don't like it. My question is if I were to get two new mufflers, is there a jetting adjustment that needs to happen or can I just throw the cans on and be done with it. I will be keeping the exhaust the same, just the mufflers.

Thanks in advanced!

-Joe

Sorry Joe... I don't remember anything for sure about your exhaust... but I'm thinking you have a 4-into-2 system which wouldn't be stock. If you search on the year and model of your bike you should find images including a stock exhaust. I searched on 1981 CB750K and here's what I got: https://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=utf-8&fr=aaplw&p=1981+cb750k

I'm going to stick my neck out and suggest that if you just change the exhaust and keep the stock air box and filter, you won't need to rejet your carbs. However, if you have pods instead of the stock air box and filter, you'll likely need to rejet even with the stock exhaust.

Back