• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Basket case need help Honda 750

burson64

CB750 Member
Reaction score
ea3627717ffe72b683b745334aade6d5.jpg

I have dyna coils not getting fire to plugs but getting fire to coils I used a test light when I turn engine over lights up but when I check plug wire it does not are they bad

A test light on the negative side of the coil should flash as the points open and close. If it doesn't then the points are bad if it does flash then the coils are more then likely bad. The green Dyna coils did have some issues. Should have asked first...do you have points or does it have a Dyna ignition system? Certain era of the Dyna pickups went bad.

Dyna used to replace coils for half price if they are indeed bad. Not sure if they still do because I haven't seen a bad coil in a long time.

I'm going to get a new one but I keep looking for one I find everything with letters but not the cb750E

If you are referring to the 750E on the engine case it means engine, its just part of the engine serial number. Just an E means it is a K series motor.

Back