• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New to Forum from Cetral IL

kawtoy_77

CB750 Member
Reaction score
New to Forum from Central IL

I just bought back my 1978 CB750k. It was not taken care of very well by the owners between when I owned it, and now. Before I had sold it, I put on new brakes, new carb kits, oil gage, new bars, new grips, new tires, and new battery. I also sold it with a CLYMER's manual, and the Maier plastic side cover replacents. (those side covers are junk, don't waste your money) Anyhow, now it needs the carbs cleaned, brakes gone through, new battery possibly, the seat needs recovered, the exhaust is about rusted off, and all the cables are stiff but movable with the exception of the choke cable which is froze up completely. Also, none of the PO's after me know where the manual or the plastics went. I bought it for $350 complete and needing work.

Hopefully I can pull some useful info from this forum. I look forward to talking with you all.

-Clint :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Welcome to the site! How did you find your bike to buy it back? Do you know all the owners after you?

I know the guy I sold it to, and I believe it was sold 2 more times after that. A guy that works with the guy I originally sold it to knew the guy that had the bike, so I asked for his phone number..... A year later and $400 off his original asking price..... the ol' Hondo is back where she belongs. I do not know all of the owners since I sold it, and it may be better that way. I have nothing nice to say to them, lol!

:laugh: Well at least you were able to track it down. I don't know where any of my previous bikes or vehicles are now. Good luck getting it back to it's condition when you had it last. Keep us posted!

260812094009-01.jpg
I figured I had better post a pic of the '78 750K coming home.....

Back