Thread: Pipe Bender

Pipe Bender

About to start cutting my frame on my cb750 and was wondering if there is a good cheap brand out there I could use for pipe bending. Gonna need it to make my rear seat fit. Thanks

Harbor Freight model does a decent job, But by no means a professional unit, Uses hydraulics with different size dies supplied.

Quote Originally Posted by dan1951 View Post
    Harbor Freight model does a decent job, But by no means a professional unit, Uses hydraulics with different size dies supplied.
    Do you mean the one you work with your foot and its Orange I think? Or are you talking about one the one's you use with your hands and bend in a circle motion. I've looked at those hydraulic orange ones and they look good, but the dies are too big to make a nice u-shape bar for my seat. Never tried it though so could be wrong. Thanks for the info!

There is no such thing as good and cheap in this department. The HF pipe bender will kink the material without a lot of extra effort to prevent it. It would be more cost effective if you had a shop make that piece for you than spending $1500 on a good tube bender for one part.

search Ebay for "cafe frame loop" and maybe you'll see something you like.

If you're still in market I could make you a hoop and mail it to you. I might not be able to make what you need though since I only have 4 dies for my bender. I think the cheapest good bender for what you need (rotary draw bender with a 180 die) is going be at least $300 for the manual bender and $200 for the die. I have a pro-tools 105HD converted to full hydraulic. I'd recommend them: http://www.pro-tools.com/collections...d-pipe-benders
    - Travis

Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    If you're still in market I could make you a hoop and mail it to you. I might not be able to make what you need though since I only have 4 dies for my bender. I think the cheapest good bender for what you need (rotary draw bender with a 180 die) is going be at least $300 for the manual bender and $200 for the die. I have a pro-tools 105HD converted to full hydraulic. I'd recommend them: http://www.pro-tools.com/collections...d-pipe-benders

Hey thanks, I appreciate it!