• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Keihin VB56A carbs on 79CB750F

RobMcC

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
This site has given me a lot of useful information, so I thought I'd ask what you think about my situation.

I bought a 1979 CB750F over the winter. Bike was in visibly good shape, but is running a little rough, so I went through the normal procedures to see what the issues were. I pulled one of the carb bowls, to check the state of the jets and saw that it didn't look like the Clymer manual. In fact, I thought it was missing the primary main jet. So I pulled the carburetor bank off the bike and upon further examination, found that instead of the VB42A, I have a VB56A, that is used on early 80s CB1100F. Does anyone have any experience on how to jet these and tune these for a 750f? Current jetting is 122 main, 38 low speed. Also the rubber caps were missing so I bought those and also bought 68 mains before I pulled the carburetor off the bike and thought I had a VB42 that was missing primary main jet.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have only been riding and working of bikes for a few years and my experiences thus far have been on simpler machines (74' Yamaha dt125 and '73 TX500).

Back