• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1982 CB750F Supersport value

White153

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing a 1982 Supersport from a guy and was wondering what it is really worth. I live in Canada so keep that in mind for its value. According to the seller the bike is %100 original and in near mint condition with 26,000 kilometers. The bike does not currently run but he says it just needs the carbs cleaned and a new battery. I'm looking for a bike for a build and didn't want to pay a whole lot for it. He was asking $3500 but we came to an agreement on $2800 but I still feel like this is too much. What is this bike worth in my area? Hopefully there is some Canadians that will chime in. Thanks.

I just paid $1100 us for a 1982 CB750C with 40k miles in decent shape that runs good (took a little seafoam to run right). I think that price would be OK if the guy had the bike running good and it truly was in mint condition. However, you are taking a big gamble without being able to test ride it.

I paid $1500 for a 79 cb750 Limited edition (only 5000) in the US. Needed a rotor, regulator/rectifier, and carb clean as well as turn signals. So I'm in it about 2000. However. Has drag bars, 4-2 exhaust. The rest is stock.

I paid $250 for an '81 CB900C that needed the carbs cleaned. I SOLD 4 '80's 750's for $1600 total... and they all ran. But then, I'm in Hoopeston, Illinois, USA... all the money is apparently in Canada.

$2800 for a bike for a build... maybe you can get a chunk back by selling those near mint parts that you don't use.

I paid $250 for an '81 CB900C that needed the carbs cleaned. I SOLD 4 '80's 750's for $1600 total... and they all ran. But then, I'm in Hoopeston, Illinois, USA... all the money is apparently in Canada.

$2800 for a bike for a build... maybe you can get a chunk back by selling those near mint parts that you don't use.
There's definitely money in vintage parts.

The dohc bikes just dont have the resale. They are not near as popular as the sohc, they never did have the same following as the original.

I paid 3000$ Cdn for an 82 cb750f super sport in mint condition almost all original except for 4-1 Yoshimura exhaust and Oil cooler with fresh safety.

I pay no more than $1500 for a DOHC and not that if not running, there can be often far worse issues than the simple carb rebuild most claim the non-running bike needs. Burned valves are often hidden by that, NOBODY (even the shops commonly glossed over doing it for real, they can't make money doing it) ever sets the clearances on those and then the incompetents go after the carbs. While the carbs can be a problem, they are often are not. it's a reflection of how good the owners are nowadays.

The last two I got were GIVEN to me and each nearly complete.

I paid 3000$ Cdn for an 82 cb750f super sport in mint condition almost all original except for 4-1 Yoshimura exhaust and Oil cooler with fresh safety.

Sounds way high for anywhere... Check Kelly Bluebook and NADA... KBB runs truer around here with NADA being fairly high... then you need to see what local influences you have... not too into SS prices though. ..

I am looking at purchasing a 1982 Supersport from a guy and was wondering what it is really worth. I live in Canada so keep that in mind for its value. According to the seller the bike is %100 original and in near mint condition with 26,000 kilometers. The bike does not currently run but he says it just needs the carbs cleaned and a new battery. I'm looking for a bike for a build and didn't want to pay a whole lot for it. He was asking $3500 but we came to an agreement on $2800 but I still feel like this is too much. What is this bike worth in my area? Hopefully there is some Canadians that will chime in. Thanks.
H
I pay no more than $1500 for a DOHC and not that if not running, there can be often far worse issues than the simple carb rebuild most claim the non-running bike needs. Burned valves are often hidden by that, NOBODY (even the shops commonly glossed over doing it for real, they can't make money doing it) ever sets the clearances on those and then the incompetents go after the carbs. While the carbs can be a problem, they are often are not. it's a reflection of how good the owners are nowadays.

The last two I got were GIVEN to me and each nearly complete.
most of the guys here are giving you good advice the “non-running” aspect. I suggest you do 2 things; one is to do the deal with “right of return” (with refund) within 60 days in case the fix is more than he claims. Two; call 3-4 dealers in your area asking their take on the price and parts availability
Good luck Charlie (Pa.)

Hi I have 1982 Honda 750 F super sport original one owner bought brand news the got ship to them they put if together jn Cohen hours before I bought less then 50,000 mile bike been register since I bought at and insurance as well I take for a ride when I can I let sit up just crank up I had to get the cabs clean for sitting up to long bike mint condition few scratches no major work done just put new tires on rear breaks. And charging system on it cause keep the charge that fix. But I Don t ride much cause bad back going sale to the highest bider

Hi I have 1982 Honda 750 F super sport original one owner bought brand news the got ship to them they put if together jn Cohen hours before I bought less then 50,000 mile bike been register since I bought at and insurance as well I take for a ride when I can I let sit up just crank up I had to get the cabs clean for sitting up to long bike mint condition few scratches no major work done just put new tires on rear breaks. And charging system on it cause keep the charge that fix. But I Don t ride much cause bad back going sale to the highest bider
You type like you have been drinking

Back