• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

oil pressure stop light. help!

Staubig

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, so I own a DOHC 79 Cb750 K/limited edition. I spent the past 2 months replacing the entire charging system because it was all bad. Last night I received my regulator and wahla! It was fixed. So I got 4 quarts of Pennzoil 10w-40 and did and oil and filter change, excited to take it for a ride. After the oil change my Oil/Stop light came on and won't shut off. I'm demoralized. I have no idea what went wrong but the light stays on even when the motor is running (5-10 second tests). What could possibly have happened and how do I fix it?

My 79 CB750K had the same issue. The oil pressure switch provides the ground for the oil light. Even after I removed the wire from the switch, the light stayed on, so I figured that I had a short somewhere in that circuit. I removed the oil pressure switch and installed an oil pressure gauge. According to the gauge, I have plenty of oil pressure. Check the wire to see if that is your problem, it is quick and easy to test and it is cheaper than replacing the switch without knowing one way or the other.

Back