• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

cb750sc nighthawk clutch fun

ronxae

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello good bike people.....

As I get deeper into restoring my 82 nighthawk, I discover so many things that ain't right.
I'm not asking for any help, just want to share a few things with you...this is a fun project
for me. I am a 71 year old Navy retiree and have owned many motorcycles over the years,
big and small, including 2 harleys....(yeah,yeah brag, brag right ?)

When I bought this one, I didn't notice it had no speedometer cable, front brakes not working,
dead battery,no side panels, rusted out gas tank, and the clutch don't work. Really dumb looking
stock handlebars, star trek instrument panel with (gas gauge?) And my goodness, it is sooo heavy.

All of this doesn't matter because I will customize it to suit myself. You all are eager to help and I really
appreciate that. I did find a good place for some parts I needed. It's called D2Moto and they have fast free shipping.

The title of this is supposed to be about the clutch, however. The lever would not pull in at all and I broke the adjusting bolt.
I just drained the oil (again) and am looking forward to unfreezing the plates. (hope they don't need replacing)Actually, this
bike is not that hard to work on. I'll post a photo when I finish. Oh, I hope this post isn't too long.

Back