• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1983 Honda CB750SC Nighthawk - Need Some Advice

asbrand

CB750 New member
Reaction score
My roommate is buying and restoring my eldest daughter's old '83 Honda CB750SC Nighthawk. We don't have any kind of manual on it. She left it sitting under a tarp for a few years. Needless to say, it needs some work.

He's already taken the carbs apart and cleaned them up and rebuilt them. Actually got the bike started.

However, the petcock is leaking. And the front tire is about dry rotted out. And the rear turn signals are missing. And all the side panels are missing.

So, I'm asking here:

Is there a good non-expensive after-market petcock and fuel filter out there that will work on these?

What size tires (front and rear) are needed? What brand does everyone suggest? On my 2008 Kaw Vulcan 900LT, I use Michelin Commander II's.

Finally, where's a good place to look for replacement rear turn signals?

Thanks ahead of time!

tori_1983_honda_cb750sc_nighthawk_01.jpg

Check on ebay for the missing parts, gonna be your best bet. Tires are personal preference...whats on there now? There are also rebuild kits for the petcock on ebay if you look around.

Just give us time...we will get to you, lot of busy with work and working on our own bikes:bike:

D2Moto has some parts for these bikes..... I just received an order from them I placed 3 days ago....hope that helps.... (I'm restoring an 82 Nighthawk)

Back