• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

cb750sc nighthawk specs

ronxae

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 1982 cb750sc (nighthawk)....the funny thing is I found the specs for this bike on line and they list the weight as 260kg being 737lb...strange because 260kg is about 573lb. I have no way to weigh my bike, so which weight is correct ? I'm hoping 573 pounds is correct...I forgot to mention the bike is not running...needs a lot of tlc..I will be very happy when I finally get to start it up and see what happens...

Welcome to the site!

Yeah no way it weighs 737lbs. I've weighed bikes before using a bathroom scale. Put the front tire on the scale then the back and add the weights. It's not perfect, but it gets you close. To make it accurate, when the front tire is on the scale put the back tire on a 2x4 or something the same height as the scale, and vise verse for the other tire.

Thanks Travis, It doesn't matter to me how much it weighs, I have started restoring the bike, found much rust and crap in gas tank so far....I'm sure this is going to be a major project....front brake, carbs, clutch, etc.......just hope the engine isn't too bad....bike hasn't been run for 8 years, Arrgh.....$$$$$...hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew, ha ha......I paid 300 bucks for it, so no matter how much I spend fixing it, I'm ahead.

Back