• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Putting carbs back on

Nam Point Man

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I am having trouble putting carbs back on the engine, any tips? Are my carb holders to hard? They are not cracked or damaged. I put the carb holders on engine first

I do not the year of Your bike but My 72 intake boots are marked with the cylinder numbers on them. Make sure the number on top of the boot matches the same cylinder, The number should be perfectly aligned facing the top of engine put a very little lube on inside and start them on even then I use a wood hammer handle between the upper frame crossmember and the carbs working side to side until there seated.

Thank you Dan, I thought they might have gotten to hard, they are still somewhat ply able. Also they are marked on top and bottom 1-4, 4-1 2-3, 3-2

I use to "hug" the engine from the front, cramming the carbs in place. But I'm kinda different like that. And I ride a chopper, so I have more room to get in between the front wheel and the exhausts.

I just bought a '92 CB750 Nighthawk. Starts, runs, stops, but will not run on idle without the choke. I am diving in to my carbs, and they were extremely difficult to remove. In fact, I unbolted the airbox and slid it back just enough to wiggle the carbs loose. The airbox only has 5 bolts on a '92, and you don't even have to completely remove it to get some clearance. Good luck with your bike.
-Matthew

Iused aheat gun to soften the boots, put lube on the boots then used a rachet strap around the carbs to around the front of the engine on my '79 cb750k.

I used a heat gun to soften the boots, lube and a rachet strap around the carb bank to around the front of the engine on my '79 cb750k. Slid right in.

Back