• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Buying exhaust parts

kodon

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am really new to working on my own bike so let me start off buying saying that my technical vernacular will probably be below par. I am finally getting around to working on my '74 that I bought last year, and the exhaust was leaking right where the flange and exhaust pipe come together on the second piston. It was leaking because the person who owned the bike before me hit something that caused the pipe to bend. The exhaust is 4-2 and the rest of the exhaust is fine. Is it possible for me to buy just that segment of the pipe so I don't have to spend $250 to $400? Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I would start saving for new exhaust. Without being able to see it I am guessing the only way it could be fixed would be to cut and weld in a new piece, not really worth the hassle or money unless you can weld. More than likely you will never find the same exhaust you have because of the age of the bike and not knowing what brand the exhaust is. Keep an eye on ebay lots of parts for the old 750's, vintage aftermarket pipes pop up once in a while.

Back