• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New member, just picked up my first CB750

phillyred

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! On a "whim" today I was at my local Honda dealership and saw they had a 1982 CB750c with around 7300mi in what I would call great condition. So, I got her. Gonna pick her up after work and drive her home. I know I have a lot of reading to do on these forums, but anything I should be looking for in particular or check out? 100348135.jpg

Looks clean! Check the forks and head gaskets for leaks. Most people will hide leaks, especially in a showroom. Get history on service records with paperwork that shows dates if possible. Take a meter to anything electrical (I just made that mistake...)

Other than that, ride it a ton!

Thanks for the reply Razor! Yeah, they put a new battery in it for me and it seems to run solid through the rpm's once it's warmed up. Shifting is smooth.. Easy neutral. All electrical looks tight.. No leaks from carbs.. Forks seem good? I do hear squeaks though when she is slowing down and not necessarily under braking all the time.. Chain looks good as well as sprockets etc... I just worry about maybe bearing issues with the squeaking?? I'm not really looking to convert it for cafe duty etc, I just want to ride with my lady and enjoy the open air. The color scheme is interesting on this bike- not sure if this is original or has been modified over the years..

Last edited:
Back