• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Clutch lifter plate

marty shawn

CB750 Member
Reaction score
broke 2 today anyone got a clue where to get one thats not 120 bucks, if not someone could make a small fortune have a few hundred machined, from what i seen there rare and expensive if only i would have known this before i broke them both, CRAP!!!!!!

Keep checking ebay, about the best place for used parts. 1/2 turn at a time per bolt to keep it pulling down even. also oil it before starting so it doesn't bind as easy when bolting it down. A billet piece would be nice...have a couple of people I will mention it to.

I will talk to a couple of guys about seeing the fees ability of having some billet ones made. They are a weak part but only when assembling, never seen one broken in use. Would be any easy piece to machine...anyone have access to a CNC :D

Hey guys,
funny enough I've been disassembling and reassembling my clutch lately trying to fix the clutch rattle with a GL1000 double steel plate.
I've had the lifter plate on and off 4 times now and thankfully haven't broken it yet. The method is to use a 10mm socket with an extension
and your fingers to get it as tight as possible, 1/4 to a 1/2 turn in a crisscross pattern. Then attach the ratchet and grip it at the very top so very little torque is being applied. The four posts have a little "notch" on top and if the plate doesn't seat into those notches, SNAP it goes. So while I'm tightening I jiggle the plate as much as possible to seat it.

Now my question.......should I be able to seat the plate just using my fingers and the socket with an extension?
Or does that indicate my springs are shot? I'm not a very big he man, so I don't have gorilla hands.
This is my first experience with a Honda clutch. Seems way to easy to seat that plate, maybe that's why I'm not breaking
it.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Back