• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

clueless... hard start no idle

lanepeppers1994

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello im in desperate need of help i just bought a 1981 cb 750 c and i cant get it to run properly ive cleaned the carbs three times top to bottom the only thing i cant get out is the emulson tube on the number 1 cylender ive adjusted the timing till the cows came home... Please help... The only thing the i am thinking now is that the valves are so far out of wak its doing it because when it does decided to run for a brief glorious min it is either trying to idle at 5000 or 1000 and when its idleing at 1000 you can give it gas and it will rev to 5000 and stop there.. Or the other thing is will these bikes not run at all without the airbox.. Maybe not even well enough to test them?

Well i stuck the airbox back on today and guess what lol its still not wanting to run lol its trying to start but its just not going to i reakon i tried for 2 hours straight and felt the pipes coming out of the head and the only pipe that was hot was the number one cylender all the others are getting fuel and spark but not firing... So is that what a engine with bad valves does? Or could it be something else?

Well i stuck the airbox back on today and guess what lol its still not wanting to run lol its trying to start but its just not going to i reakon i tried for 2 hours straight and felt the pipes coming out of the head and the only pipe that was hot was the number one cylender all the others are getting fuel and spark but not firing... So is that what a engine with bad valves does? Or could it be something else?
I have the same problem.

Back