• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Fuel line bypass??? 82 cb750

kujokicker1

CB750 New member
Reaction score
My fuel line is running to an automatic petcock type doohicky, when its routed to that the bike doesnt run but if its bypassed and roughted to the fuel rail that joins to the carbs it runs fine, should i leave it this way? What does the automatic petcock thing do? I already have a petcock on the tank so I'm confused why you would need 2....

Yes I know I'm quite late on the post. The thing is your fuel vacuum valve thingy. When motors running it makes the doohicky pump fuel. Kinda safeguard if you leave petcock on. They are famous for problems. Its nickname spawn of Satan. Yea toss it. I did, just ran a cutoff switch and don't forget to shut it off. Good luck.

To stop fuel overflowing when bike on sidestand and owner not smart enough to cut fuel off. It started with CBXes that would hydrolock a cylinder with fuel and pop a rod through side of cases when cranked up; then Honda put it on the rest of the DOHCs as a warranty prevent thing.

Back