• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

What size of tires on cb750k dohc

Haxxel

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm currently looking for tires to my cb750 dohc build. I want some old school style tires with a lot of rubber.
Like this beauty:
honda-cb450-cafe-racer-2.jpg

What i have find is that the preferred tires to achieve this look is:
Firestone deluxe champion
Firestone Military
Shinko E270
Coker diamond

Any more suggestions?

However, the big question is tire sizes:
Original the bike has 4.00-18 rear and 3.25/19 front.
But on many builds I see that people use up to 4.50/18 rear and 4.00/19 front. How does that work? So its possible to put on larger size tires and achieve a more bulbous look?

// Axel

It works but can make the front look bigger than rear if that big a front used, like dirt bike. Depends on the actual tire profile.

Earlier than '81 forks are .300 narrower between legs and that big on front will be crunching space. '81 and later forks are wider and no problem. The earlier wheels that fit the early forks are narrower too. 2.15 vs. 2.50 or so depending on model. The 2.50 obviously better with wider tire.

If the pre'81 front fork I bet no. The actual fork hole to fork hole distance at the triple for the tubes is only 5 3/4" and the stanchions are thicker than tubes, as well you have made tire shorter meaning it will now be in line with the fender lugs instead of above them cramping you even more. With only 3/8" on each side for clearance gonna probably have issues there.

I know 130 fits on back and maybe 140.

Yes, the '81 DOHCs and up had the wider forks. The triple clamps and top bridge must change.

Back