• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New member Please Help!!

Cprisco13

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys, so my dad has a 72 cb750 in my grandmas garage that hasn't been started since 1983. I have been wanting it forever and he finally said that I can have it. Problem is I live in LA and the bike is in Chicago.. So I hired a guy on uship.com to ship the bike out here but when him and my dad tried to roll it down the driveway it would barely budge. They made sure it was in neutral, clutch and everything. The battery is dead and like I said hasn't been started in over 30 years. Does anyone know what this could be? Or what I can do to at least get it rolling. Maybe cutting the chain? I just want to get this bad boy out here so I can fix it up and get riding! Thanks!

If the wheels don't roll it is probably the frozen brakes. If the engine is froze cutting the chain is a good idea 'cuz you will want to replace it anyway.

Yeah in my experience when a bike has been sitting for a very long time it's the brakes. I tap on the calipers with a rubber mallet and sometimes they'll free up enough to make it roll easier.

72 has a kick starter making troubleshooting this very easy. Try to kick it over.

If it won't budge look to see if it's making the chain tighten up. If not, the engine is frozen. If Yes, it's stuck in gear and the brakes are frozen.

Note: If the engine is frozen, that doesn't mean the brakes are not. Cut the chain and see if the wheel will turn.

Back